I know a lot of people will not read this, But I have some question that have to do with the raid group.
1. At what point do you hold the lock out to finish the raid and head into Heroic?
2. Should we cut down the roster? If yes why?
I know we just started the raid and people are still learning the fights. It took us two nights to get five bosses down that is only half the raid. Looking at the logs we average about ten minutes per pull on any boss and it takes us about six to eight minutes on trash leading up to a boss. There are ten bosses in the raid so that right there going with the ten minutes per boss would be a hour and forty minutes on bosses alone that leaves us with twenty minutes for trash and wipes to clear the raid in one lock out.
My 2 copper worth of opinion is....
1. have a set team for 3 out of 4 weeks. have one week be a "open week". This would allow those that want to work hard and see results to achieve those goals. It would also allow those that want to have a more social night get their needs met (the social weekend can vary what week every month so its not always the same weekend).
2. hold people accountable. If they want to just come to the social raid fine, but if they want a "permanent spot" they need to be reliable for their fellow guildies and raiders. If they miss raid a set # of times they only get the social invite.
3. As for lock outs I would find out how the "regular" raiders are on gear. If 90% of the team is done collecting loot from a boss (like the first boss) hold the lock out to start past that boss. Or better yet if most of the raid group is clothies and only 1-2 clothies need gear try a ML for a week to see about "funneling gear" to the few that really have bad luck on personal loot. You get the idea. Also with a set group of reliable, regular teammates you can farm much easier, faster every week. Maybe hold the lockout for two weeks?
Just a few ideas. Hope this can help
I don't believe in holding lockouts except for on special occasions. The gear from normal mode Nighthold is going to be upgrades for most people in Pantheon. I'd farm as much of it as possible while learning the fights. They're going to need it. The mechanics in heroic are not nearly as forgiving.
About cutting the roster, you know what I think should be done. If you have only 3 healers show up but 18 dps, then it's not going to work. Cut the lowest dps or the people that die on every pull because they are dead weight to everyone else. I've been guilty of this myself recently in Steel Dawn raids, so I'm not trying to act all elitist. I realize the problem and that it's not personal. But I guess in the end it would hurt feelings to do that so no you probably better not cut the roster.
think its way to early to be holding lockouts and as we get more comfortable and we get alittle gear we will clear content much faster it wasnt that long ago that we were not getting thru EN in a raid week by then end we could clear in less than 2 hours
as far as cutting the roster
not sure how i feel about this. if you look at our raid nights fri and sat if people have anything going on in real life its going to happen on those nights so consistency is gonna be a issue and trying to make a "leet group"to push content sounds good.but i think it would be disastrous in the end .
thats just my thoughts on it .
i would also like to add that 5 bosses on the first week seems really good to me. i dont remember ever doing that in any previous tier.good pantheon . Death your raid leading has been on point . you have been going above and beyond thank you
Now that I had time to think and ponder here are my thoughts. Many of the raiders double dip which means run with both raid teams which is fine. It gives those who do an opportunity to learn the fight and to become better. To quote the master of the diaper "it's about learning the fight and doing you're best not about the loot noob." I know I try to run with both groups and love the option to see fights that I missed due to Real Life. I do think that raiders need to be present and let Death or one of the leadership know to let death know that they might be missing etc. Sometimes the big littles and little littles just take up so much time :) I know I went through the list a little and culled it a bit. In speaking with Death, collaborated and reminded those who accept and don't show up may not get an invite anymore. Trying to remind people to sign up and be there and to insure we have the best composition possible.
I think its good for the leadership to discuss things to ensure the group runs smoothly as possible. I don't think we need to hold lock outs yet. But we should exam the gear and see what people have. Honestly there are a lot of mythic plus groups running now too. So that is a good way of getting gear as well
Thank you all for the feed back.
1. will not hold a lock out as of now, this could change with gear requriments.
2. the roster will only be cut for people who do not show up or people who keep declining.
So far the raid itself has not been bad. BUT people need to learn about the fights and stop standing in stuff. Look at the logs learn the fight the healers can not and will not save you every time you stand in the bad.