This is what I have seen/heard about in the raid over this xpac. Some of these are small some are big.
1. PEOPLE standing in bad.
2. No raid awareness.
3. Pulling before the tank.
4. Not pre potting.
5. Not using flask or food.
6. Not moving out of the group when you have a bad debuff.
7. Not stacking with the group when you should be.
8. Keeping add-ons up to date.
9. Calling people out in Vent/Discord/Mumble.
10. Not showing up for a raid.
11. Not putting that you are coming or not coming to the raid.
Ways to improve the things above.
1. Use DBM/GTFO. Your healers are not there to waste all their mana to keep you alive just because you standing in stuff.
2. DBM, Watch a video read up on the fight. Having people do this for you takes away from their ability to do their job.
3. Let the tank pull all trash/bosses. There is a pull timer for a reason. Unless you are told to pull then do not do it.
4. The pull timer is use for this. Pre- pot on 2. The guild has Pots for you for free or half the AH.
5. This is the easiest way to improve your dps and the guild supplies this stuff for free or half the AH.
6. If you have a debuff and you are suppose to move then move DBM/Bigwigs tells you this just look at your screen.
7. If we are stacking than stack this includes range and healers also.
8. Before the raid check your add-ons.
9. Send the person a tell.
10. If you sign up be there.
11. This just helps out the group as a whole. There are ways to tell people if you can not come. Someone should not have to keep asking you if you are coming. It takes time out of their play time and when you do not sign up it puts the raid up in the air.
We have been in this raid for a month now if you do not know the first five fights and keep doing the same bad thing then you should ask for help. Read the logs when you die use recap to see what killed you so you can fix it. Just because we can use brute force to kill a boss that does not mean not to do the fight right. these fight are getting ready for heroic the mythic if you have problems on normal it will just make the others harder.
Boy am I glad I never make mistakes otherwise I'd feel guilty of some of these.
I face pulled some trash Friday night by running down some stairs thinking the tanks were ahead of me. Sorry, Dock.
I've been incredibly slack this expansion. I'm not raiding on any kind of regular basis and I haven't studied the fights. So I know I've been guilty of lots of mistakes. I'll study up on the bosses so I can know the entire fight and if I can motivate myself I will start looking up strats too.
I am just as guilty as the rest of you. My dps has been so bad, I'm doubly focused on my rotation and not always looking where I'm going. I try not to be a slacker though, so I'll do my best to get my eyes back where they belong.
And yes, I face pulled for the first time in a long time last night.... sorry about that...lol
Death, you are completely correct. I am not sure how you have the patience, thank you. :)
We can all try harder. I watch videos, but don't KNOW the fight until I also push the buttons. I need to spend more time in LFR (*sigh*) like last expac.
I raid with the guild because you all provide a friendly, fun and safe environment to enjoy the game, the challenge of the boss and support in pushing to overcome that challenge. It's teamwork that will get us through and we all need to do our part or it doesn't work.